District & State Drama Competition
District IV Drama
- Theatre students at all levels are invited to showcase their talents and compete against other schools at the District Drama Competition every November.
- Competition is not a requirement, but if you choose to compete, you will gain valuable experience, and see what other schools are producing.
- Qualifying students advance to compete at the Idaho State Drama Competition held in December.
- Categories include acting and technical theatre events.
- Students can compete in a total of three events--two acting and one tech, or two tech and one acting. No two events can be in the same category.
- Be sure to check with Mrs. Page about specific event rules for each category, and read the rules yourself to avoid disqualification.
Ensemble Musical Theatre
Solo Musical Theatre
Technical Theatre Events
All students competing in acting events are required to perform in the November fall showcase before competition. This allows the student to perform for a live audience before they put it in front of a judge for evaluation. Mrs. Page fills out a ballot to give each student her final comments and an idea of what to expect of the scoring process. She also times each performance to make sure it does not go over the time limit for that event. Admission is free for this informal evening of theatre, and family and friends are encouraged to attend.
Idaho State Drama
During the first week in December, qualifying students from all school districts in the state of Idaho compete to earn medals for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in their categories. Additionally, students who advance to the state level competition receive a MHHS letter in drama.
Lettering in Drama
- You can earn a Mountain Home High School activity letter in drama by:
- Competing at the District Drama Competition
- Qualifying for the Idaho State Drama Competition OR 10 “Thinkin’ Theatre” points
- Grade level “A” in this class